10% deposit Islamic finance home purchase plans| WIS Mortgages
10% deposit Islamic finance home purchase plans image

16th February 2024

10% Deposit Islamic Finance Home Purchase Plans

Islamic finance, a system grounded in Islamic law (Shariah), offers a distinct approach to financial transactions, one that harmonises with the ethical and moral values of Islam. Unlike conventional finance, Islamic finance places a strong focus on risk-sharing, avoids interest (Riba), and insists on tangible asset backing. In the realm of home purchasing, Islamic finance has carved out a niche, particularly with the introduction of 10% deposit home purchase plans. These plans are not only appealing to Muslim homebuyers seeking Shariah-compliant products but also to a broader audience interested in alternative financing methods.

Islamic Finance Principles and Home Buying

Central to Islamic finance is the prohibition of Riba, the sharing of profit and loss, and ensuring that investments adhere to ethical guidelines. When applied to home buying, these principles transform the typical mortgage process. Instead of charging interest, Islamic financial institutions may buy the property and sell it at a higher price (Murabaha) or enter into a joint ownership agreement with the buyer (Musharakah Mutanaqisah), among other methods. This approach starkly contrasts with conventional mortgages where interest is a key component.

Understanding 10% Deposit Plans in Islamic Finance

Islamic finance's 10% deposit home purchase plans are tailored to reduce the initial financial burden on the buyer. Typically, the buyer provides a 10% down payment, while the Islamic bank covers the remaining 90%. The repayment structure then follows Islamic principles, avoiding Riba and ensuring the agreement is Shariah-compliant. These plans are not only financially accessible but also align with the ethical standards of many buyers.

find me a mortgage
Contact Us

Types of Islamic Finance Products for Home Purchases

Among the popular Islamic finance products for home buying are a few different options to consider. These include Murabaha, where the bank buys the property and sells it to the buyer at a profit. There is also Musharakah Mutanaqisah, a diminishing partnership where the buyer gradually buys the bank's share in the property and Ijarah, akin to leasing until ownership is transferred. Each can be tailored to a 10% deposit scheme, offering flexibility and adherence to Islamic principles.

How to Get Started with a 10% Deposit Islamic Finance Home Purchase Plan

For those interested, starting with a 10% deposit plan involves researching providers, understanding the different product options, and ensuring the plan aligns with personal and financial goals. To simplify the process, here's a comprehensive step-by-step guide:

Although the process is relatively straightforward, ensuring that the mortgage deal suits your needs can be a little more nuanced. It is advisable to consult with Islamic finance experts and carefully evaluate the terms and conditions of these plans.

Is an Islamic Mortgage Right for You?

10% deposit Islamic finance home purchase plans represent a significant development in the world of ethical financing. They offer a practical, Shariah-compliant alternative to traditional mortgages, making homeownership accessible and morally satisfying for a diverse range of buyers. As the market evolves, these plans are set to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of ethical home purchasing.

If you're interested in learning more about Islamic mortgages, or would like assistance finding the most suitable financial product for your needs, please contact our friendly team at WIS Mortgages today.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Which banks in the UK offer Islamic mortgages?

A. Islamic mortgages are available from several different specialist banks such as Ahli United Bank and the Islamic Bank of Britain. However, very few high street banks offer this financial product, with only HSBC providing Islamic mortgages.

Q. Is it halal to use Islamic mortgages?

A. Yes, these financial products have been carefully designed to align with Islamic teachings to ensure they aren't haram. As a result, using this type of financing will allow you to purchase a property while also acting within the guidance of the Islamic faith.

As a mortgage is secured against your home or property, it may be repossessed if you do not keep up the mortgage repayments. The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate taxation advice or commercial buy-to-lets.

Contact Us